Vegan Cheesecake – a cake recipe I’ve never tried before and I do not really know why. But as it was the birthday of my boyfriend I wanted to create something new and created my own vegan cheesecake recipe. And I have to say: it’s super easy to make, it’s super quick and on top sugar free. If you want to make it gluten free as well, you can recreate the dough with some gluten oats instead of flour.
Besides of us our non vegan friends and family tried the cheesecake as well and like it. They also asked for the recipe so I thought it’s approved and worth to share it online.
The consistency is really close to a real cheesecake with curd cheese. I hope you will like it and if you make this cake I would love to see your results and hear your feedback. You can also always tag me on your images on Instagram with @thegoldencherry.
Ingredients for a 26 cm form
preparation 1 h 20 MINUTENS
For the dough:
- 300 g flour (gluten free: blend some gluten free oats to flour)
- 120 g vegan butter (z.B. Alsan)
- 70 ml agave syrup
- 1 package baking soda
- 3 tbsp water
The cheese filling:
- 500 g Soja Skyr/qurd cheese (Alpro)
- 2 packages (á 40 g) vanille pudding powder
- 1 can high fat coconut milk (store for 4 h in a fridge and just add the tighter part)
- 200 g Cashews (boil them for 15 – 20 min in water)
- 150 g vegan butter (z.B. Alsan), melted
- 70 ml agave syrup
(if you don’t want to add cashews just double the Soja curd cheese or skyr or add one more can of coconut)
Use some fresh or frozen berries for the topping
- Preheat the oven to 180 °C top/bottom heat. First mix all ingredients for the dough with your hands.
- Grease your spring with some coconut oil and the fill in your dough. Press it even in your form with your hand up to the edges.
- Boil the cashews 15 to 20 min in hot water, rinse them and blend them smooth.
- Add all ingredients for your cheese filling in a large bowl and wink them all together. If you like it a bit more sweeter couple the agave syrup. Fill the filling in your form and let it bake in the oven for around 40 minutes (depends on your oven)
- After 40 – 45 minutes in the oven let the cake cool down for an hour before putting it into the fridge for another 4 hours.
- Mash the berries slightly with a fork and top the cake with this berry sauce.