If you would have told me one year ago, that I will become a yoga teacher and do my yoga teacher training in BaliI probably wouldn’t have believed you. But there is one thing I’ve learned during our world trip last year: it never comes like you thought it would. I thought a couple of time about developing myself and do this training, but I did the final decision last summer 2019. I never thought I would teach yoga in the end. I decided to do the training to dive deeper in my own practice, to learn more about yoga itself and to develop myself personally. After some research I found the perfect yoga school in Bali, which sounds for me the best to do so. I contacted them immediately, but they told me they were fully booked and I have to apply for it at least one year in advance. But luck meant well and Bente (one of the lead teachers) contacted me again to told me they have a free slot and if I’m still interested I can jump in the course scheduled for next month. I remember this moment so clearly, I was sitting in our camper van in New Zealand and got some tears in my eyes. YES, of course. I immediately booked some flights to Bali and just a few weeks later we found ourselves at the airport in Bali with four exciting weeks ahead.
The Peaceful Warriors in Bali
- the Art of Teaching
- teaching technics (exploration of different approaches incl. Thai Massage)
- asana focusing on hatha and vinyasa flow and exploration into various styles like AcroYoga, FlyHigh, Yoga for Surfers, Power Yoga, Yin Yoga, Yoga Nidra
- daily asana practice
- asana lab
- the Art of Sequencing
- Yoga history, philosophy, texts & concepts: The Eight Limbs of Yoga, The Yoga Sutras of Pantanjaliis, Classical Tantra, The Chakra System, Nadis, Piana, Bandhas, Mudras
Other Subjects: Anatomy & Physiology, Pranayama, meditation, the business & marketing of Yoga, Yoga psychology, yogic lifestyle, mantras and chanting, prenatal yoga, yoga for kids, ethics of yoga teachers, health & nutrition.
Example of a daily schedule:
- 7:00 – 9:00 am Guided Asana, Pranayama & Meditation
- 9:00 -10:30 am breakfast
- 10:30 am – 12:30 pm Lecture / Workshop
- 12:30 – 2:00 pm Lunch break
- 2:00 – 3:30 pm Asana & Teaching lab
- 4:00 – 6:00 Afternoon Asana or Lecture/Workshop
Once or twice a week they also have an evening program like movie night, kieran night or group meditation.